Photography by Jacob Koestler
Since 2014, Rust Belt Riders has been working with people and organizations across Northeast Ohio to provide them with a clean and timely alternative to landfills for their food waste. By diverting food from landfill, we support our local food system through the creation of value added agricultural products.
Our Mission: Create Wealth from Waste in order to Feed People, Not Landfills
"There is no such thing as 'away' when we throw things away it must go somewhere."
- Annie Leonard, The Story of Stuff
What we have achieved:
- Winner of Cleveland SOUP, 2014
- Winner of SEA Change NEO, 2015
- Winner of Jumpstart’s Core City Impact Program, 2016
- Finalists, Food+City Prize, 2017